there’s no going back for me baby
LISTENING TO: Yuno - There’s No Going Back
I guess my story starts a few weeks ago when during a visit from an old college friend, another college friend contacted us with an idea to surprise a third college friend for her birthday. A little convoluted, I know, but that’s pretty much the basic story of how I ended up driving through a freak Philadelphia snow storm this morning to end up sitting on a plane heading to Dallas, and eventually Santa Fe for the weekend.
My good friend Scout moved out to New Mexico nearly three years ago now, and it’s been on my list since to figure out when to get out to visit her. With her 30th birthday this week, and her original plans to come back east for it unexpectedly sidelined, it was decided if Scout couldn’t bring the party here, we’d bring the party to Scout. She doesn’t know this yet of course, which made the planning of this trip that much more interesting.
With that said, after having reasonably mild weather all week, a freak blizzard decides it would be a good time to happen. I found out last night that my flight was delayed with my layover in Dallas changed to match, only to have the flight delayed further this morning due to de-icing. My comfortable layover is quickly becoming what will probably be a race through DFW where I will either just catch or just miss my connecting flight to Albuquerque by the skin of my teeth. Either way, this trip is starting off to a more than interesting start, so here’s hoping everything else goes the same way.
Comments
Post a Comment