and I wish I could've lived a life more less normal

LISTENING  TO: Young Fathers - See How



Ever since I’ve heard of it, Meow Wolf has been on my list of places to go. Knowing it‘s literally a hop skip and a jump from where Scout’s living in Sante Fe made it one of the easiest things to visit while I’m here, and I am happy to say it did not disappoint. The new exhibit is called “The House of Eternal Return” and it was such an unbelievably hands on experience. Meow Wolf’s exhibits always have a narrative, but the enjoyable thing is that you don’t necessarily have to follow that narrative (or even really know the specifics) to enjoy the space.

Between all the secret spaces and hidden doors (and yes, I did go through the Instagram famous refrigerator, as well as the portal through the washer/dryer into the land of lost clothes), there are some absolutely fabulous video, sound and experiential pieces that have more context to them the more you explore. On top of all that, we saw an amazing live show by La Dame Blanche, whose musics vibe I can’t even really begin to explain (Afro-Cuban hip hop jazz flautist), and it was the perfect addition to the whole experience.

And that was last night! As I’m sitting here writing this in our Casita, looking out the window into what looks to be becoming an overcast day and drinking a cup of coffee, this trip is already becoming part of my top five travel experiences. I can’t wait to see what else is in store.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I look outside every once in a while / even just to catch a glimpse

they'd call us gypsies, tramps and thieves

ready or not / here I come