this is not a drill / no / this is the real world

LISTENING TO: Bring Me The Horizon - wonderful life (feat. Dani Filth)


Paso Robles is hands down one of my favorite places on earth right now. I feel like I've said that a lot this week, but it really is true. Our second day spent there started out at J. Lohr Vineyards. I've enjoyed their wine for years, and although their tasting room is a bit off the beaten path (even for Paso standards), it was absolutely beautiful and the wine was amazing. They had a gorgeous outdoor patio that allowed you to take in the sights surrounding the vineyard, which was a really great atmosphere.

From there, we headed back up the highway to Tobin James Cellars. My aunts have been talking about this winery since we got here, and it has one of the most unique set ups of any winery I've ever been to. You know you're in a good place when you walk through the door and are greeted by the sight of an old school saloon. I honestly could have stayed there all day. Their wine was also delicious (so much so that I joined their box club), and I would definitely call it a highlight of all the places we went to.

As we were heading to dinner at Piazza Del Pane (in what I guess you could call "downtown" Paso), we visited Justin's new tasting room, which although it had a totally different vibe than the winery we visited earlier in the week, was just as wonderful. Dinner was also fantastic, although I wish we could have spent more time in downtown. It reminded me of a cross between the Green in Morristown and Santa Fe (somewhat weird combination, I know), but it looks like they have a lot of outdoor and weekend events for the community, which is always a great thing to see.

That lead us into yesterday, which was officially the last day my family would truly be all together. This means Jay's graduation party made for such a great end to the day - not only was Jay surrounded by all of his friends and family, but we all got to celebrate something so awesome together (which definitely doesn't happen that often with us). I can't believe this week has flown by this fast; I feel like I've been talking about this trip for ages and it's almost over. My flight leaves tonight, and I'll be overnighting back home (technically, my mom's home prior to my apartment, but at least I'll be able to grab a nap in-between); my sister leaves earlier this afternoon and is already packing up. It's been really surreal actually being here. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I look outside every once in a while / even just to catch a glimpse

they'd call us gypsies, tramps and thieves

ready or not / here I come