I lost who I was / but I found my composure

LISTENING TO: Marshmello - Rescue Me (feat. A Day To Remember)


This was definitely a whirlwind trip, but as I was saying earlier today, it was much needed. Although my trip out of the Finger Lakes this morning was quicker than I wanted, I was more than happy to have been able to visit some of my favorite spots on my way out of town.

After checking out of my hotel this morning, my first stop was the Hammondsport town square. At first glance, Hammondsport will remind many people of Stars Hollow (if you're a Gilmore Girls fan, anyhow). It's full of lots of great restaurants (as I mentioned in my post from earlier today), and I wish I had more time to spend there, especially since it seems there's a brand new influx of breweries in town.

After taking a quick walk over to the edge of Keuka Lake, I jumped back in my car and headed up around on the Keuka Lake Wine Trail. If you've never been, it's such a unique and diverse adventure - and it seems like every time I come to Hammondsport, another winery has opened. After a brief stop at an overlook point to grab some great photos of the scenery, my first stop was Heron Hill Winery. If you've never been, Heron Hill has one of the most spectacular views of Keuka, and their wine is some of the best the trail has to offer. From there, it was just a few miles down the road where I stopped at Dr. Konstantin Frank Winery, another one of my personal favorites. It broke my heart a little bit to have such short stops at each (and no wine! boo!), but I was on a mission to both stop everywhere I wanted to prior to heading back home.

My third stop of the day I did spend a little bit more time at. Hunt Country Vineyard is a little bit farther out along the trail, and was a winery my family had never been to until my senior year in college. I did stop for a tasting here, and I have no regrets; they have some varietals that are extremely out of the norm for the area (not as sweet, more floral, all delicious).

My last stop of the day is one of my personal favorites - Bully Hill. The last time I was here, they were just opening the Walter S. Taylor art gallery, so I was extremely happy to be able to to finally get inside. I was also able to stop for a fantastic lunch at their restaurant, which again, I would highly recommend if you're in the area.

I feel like this post is as quick as my trip, but honestly, there's both so much more to say as well as nothing left. I guess I'll just end with the simplest statement I can - I really needed this. It brought me back to me, at least for a little while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I look outside every once in a while / even just to catch a glimpse

they'd call us gypsies, tramps and thieves

ready or not / here I come