maybe it's the distance keeping us together...

LISTENING TO: Chasing Kings - Maybe It's The Distance...


And here we are again, back full circle. I"m in a different country, and blogging about it.

I guess I should start at the beginning, which would be right about the time I graduated college, which was all the way back in May 2011, when my best friend Rachel (yeah, huge coincidence there) decided she would live in Prague for the first year after graduation. Cut to November, where Rachel says she has these awesome plans to visit London, basically for free. Cut to December, where I decide to fly out to Prague, then to London, then back to Prague. Cut to now...

I guess you could say that everyone I know pretty much realized how freaked out I was about having a layover flight to get to Prague in one piece. My initial flight was out of Newark Thursday night, ending in Brussels this morning, then to transfer to my flight to Prague later this morning. For those of you planning to travel internationally, a heads up - if your layover flight is with a different airline than your initial flight, chances are you won't be able to check into it online. Or even when you get to the airport for the first flight. Which means that I made it to Brussels without a boarding pass for my second flight, which was kind of nerve-wracking, but besides the flight being delayed, everything after that went rather smoothly. 

Which leads me to where I am currently - Rachel's apartment in the heart of Prague. 

I know everything regarding Prague says that it's one of the most beautiful cities in the world, and I completely agree. Even my frozen, jet-lagged state could see that. Prague is such a unique and historical city, and as much as there were so many things that reminded me of Paris, it's still so completely different. One of the highlights of my day was heading halfway over Charles Bridge and into Old Town Square - everyone knows I'm a total sucker for ornate cathedrals and domes and bronzes - I can't wait to get back and take more photos. The other place we went today that I highly suggest to ANYONE even thinking of visiting Prague is a place called The Choco Cafe - basically, the best hot chocolate cafe I've ever had the pleasure of going to. It's hard to explain - there's hot chocolate, and then there's hot chocolate... as well as some extremely kick-ass bruschetta.  I can see why Rach loves it here - I can't wait to spend more than a day here after we get back from London.

Speaking of London, that's tomorrow morning's adventure. Rachel and I are grabbing another flight out of Prague to London (ironically, even though we booked the plane months apart, we're only a few seats away from each other) where we're going to be for a week. Neither of us has ever really been there, so it's definitely going to be a trip. Everything seems to be very surreal still right now, like I still can't believe I'm here.

This is going to be so much fun... I'll keep you updated!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I look outside every once in a while / even just to catch a glimpse

they'd call us gypsies, tramps and thieves

ready or not / here I come